Want to open a bank account in BOI or bank of India? Then you are at the right place as in this article I will be sharing various useful information and how to guide which will help you to open a savings account in Bank of India online or by visiting their nearest branch.
In this article, I will be sharing information like bank of india saving account form filling guide, BOI saving account interest rate, bank of india minimum balance for current account, bank of india account balance enquiry or how to check account balance, cheque book request form download, bank of india online login & net banking guide at one place.
Types of Savings account in Bank of India
Like every bank Bank of India also provide various types of savings account as per individuals need. Here are the various types of bank account options available at Bank of India.
- BOI Savings Plus Scheme
- Star Diamond Savings Scheme
- Star Suraksha SB Plus Account
- BOI Super Saving Plus
- BOI Star Mahila SB Account
- BOI Star Senior Citizen SB Account
- SB Account for Pensioners
- BOI Star Yuva Account
Bank of India Savings bank Interest Rates 2017
Interest shall be paid on SB Account at 4.00 % p.a, will be calculated on daily product basis and will be credited in the SB A/c quarterly in the months of May, August, November and February, respectively every year or at the time of closing of the SB A/c. Check for latest changes in interest rates for BOI.
Documents required to open Account in Bank of India
As usual you have to provide the address proof and identity proof while opening a bank account. You have to complete the KYC process also as its mandatory now a days. If you have Aadhar card or Passport and PAN card then your application process will be very easy.
As per BOI website, you should carry below mentioned documents.
- Copy of passport.
- Two photographs of account holder/s.
- Signatures to be verified by Indian embassy/known bankers.
- Full particulars as provided in the application form including nomination.
- Remittance should be in foreign currency.
(Please note to give overseas and local addresses, contact phone/fax numbers, email address etc…)
NRI’s can open an account by Inward remittances in any convertible currency from abroad by way of
- Demand drafts
- Star Insta-Remit
- Speed Remittance
- All documents should be duly attested and verified by known bankers / Indian EmbassyNote: Account may be verified by present banker or by Embassy Officials abroad. Copies of important pages of passport (containing name, signature, birth-date, place/ date of issue, expiry date etc) duly authenticated by Notary Public/ Officials of Indian Embassy. Two passport size photographs with signatures on reverse Remittance for opening an account.
Steps To open Bank account in BOI or Bank of India
The process of opening a savings bank account is quite easy and as per BOI its just a 3 step process.
Download the bank of India savings bank account opening application form from the link here.
Next, fill the application form online and then download the same. Provide your signature where ever applicable.
Next collect the mandatory documents mentioned above and take necessary number of copies.
Then you have to visit the nearest Bank of India branch with these documents and submit your application. After verification your account will be opened and then the savings bank KIt will be provided to you.
So, if you want to open bank account in BOI online then its not possible 100%. You have to complete the forms online but the submission process need personal visit to the bank branch. Unlike ICICI Bank, no executive may visit your place to collect the documents. But you can easily ask them whether this kind of service is available or not.