Do you have a cashless health insurance policy for your family members? If not you are missing the very first step of the personal finance checklist. With sky-rocketing medical expenses, it is now very important for every individual to buy a health insurance online. In short, a health insurance policy will pay your medical expenses if at all you need a hospitalization during the tenure of the policy.
Almost every health insurance policy in India now comes with a cashless treatment option. With the help of this option, you are not required to pay anything at the hospital where you are admitted for the treatment. However, the hospital should be a part of the network of hospitals of your insurance provider.
List of Top 10 Best Cashless Health Insurance Plans in India 2018
Cashless is not the only criteria to choose a health insurance policy. These days there are various products offering multiple benefits besides typical hospitalization expenses. If you are looking for the best cashless health insurance policy in India, one from the below-mentioned options can be excellent.
10. New India Assurance Health Insurance
The Health Insurance policy is offered by New India Assurance.
- You can buy this policy for up to 6 family members (2 adults and 4 children).
- It covers pre-hospitalization expenses of up to 30 days and post-hospitalization expenses of up to 60 days.
- It is lifetime renewable but has a co-pay clause of 10% for pre-existing conditions.
- New India has more than 1,200 hospitals in its network.
9. Max Bupa Health Insurance
If you are looking for a policy with a shorter waiting period for pre-existing conditions, Max Bupa Health Insurance can be a great choice.
- It covers pre-existing conditions after a waiting period of only 2 years. This is comparatively shorter than any other policy on this list.
- It has a cashless network of more than 3,500 hospitals.
8. Reliance General Insurance
Reliance General Insurance can also be purchased for up to 6 family members (2 adults and 4 children).
- It covers pre- and post-hospitalization expenses of up to 60 days.
- Enjoy the co-pay benefit of 20% for insured who are over 61 years.
- Reliance General has more than 4,000 hospitals in its network.
7. IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance
The General Insurance policy by IFFCO-TOKIO can be purchased for up to 5 family members (2 adults and 3 children).
- It covers pre and post-hospitalization expenses up to 60 days and is lifetime renewable.
- There is no co-pay clause with this policy.
- It has more than 3,000 hospitals in its network for cashless claims.
6. Religare Health Insurance
The Health Insurance offered by Religare is one of the most affordable.
- It can be purchased for up to 6 family members (maximum 2 adults)
- It covers pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses for up to 30 days and 60 days respectively.
- The provider has around 4,500 hospitals in its network.
5. HDFC Ergo General Insurance
The General Insurance from HDFC Ergo can also be purchased for up to 4 family members (2 adults and 2 children).
- It covers pre-hospitalization expenses of up to 60 days and post-hospitalization expenses of up to 90 days.
- HDFC Ergo has around 4,800 hospitals in its network.
4. Bharti AXA General Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance can be purchased for an individual as well as up to 4 members (2 adults and 2 children) of the family.
- The policy covers pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses of up to 30 days and 60 days respectively.
- Bharti AXA has more than 5,000 hospitals in its network for cashless claim facility.
3. ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance
ICICI Lombard to is one of the most popular health insurance providers in India.
- It’s Complete Health Insurance policy can be purchased for up to 4 family members (2 adults and 2 children).
- It comes with lifelong renewability
- Excellent network of more than 4200 hospitals throughout India.
2. National Insurance General Health Insurance
National Insurance is one of the largest insurance providers in India. You can buy individual and floater basis.
- It can cover up to 6 family members (2 adults and 4 children).
- National Insurance has an extensive network of more than 6,000 hospitals.
1. Star Health and Allied Insurance
The health insurance offered by Star Health is highly affordable and can be purchased for up to 6 family members.
- The policy covers pre-hospitalization expenses of up to 30 days and post-hospitalization expenses of up to 60 days.
- It has a co-pay clause at 20% for insureds between 61 years and 65 years.
- Star Health has more than 6,000 hospitals in its extensive network throughout the country.
Things to know before buying health insurance in India
Here are few of the things to know before buying health insurance in India.
- The very first thing you should find out how many members you can cover in that health insurance policy. These days people try to buy a complete policy to cover entire family’s health including parents, in-laws.
- How smooth is the claim process? As we are talking about cashless process, as soon as you hospitalize your patient the insurance company should react and approve the initial amount asap. So that treatment can proceed without delaying further due to procedural things.
- Every health insurance policy has certain waiting periods to enjoy the benefits. In case parents or in-laws, you must check this clause so that you can be aware of when you can use the policy.
- Another important thing to notice is the list of Networking hospitals. You must check thoroughly whether your policy includes the top hospitals in your city or every city. If required you can call those hospitals to inquire about how to avail that policy benefits in their hospital if required. This is just for making sure you are buying the best cashless health insurance policy in India as per your need.
Conclusion – Which One Is The Best Cashless Health Insurance Policy in India
These are few of the top products available in the market. But remember one thing, your health insurance need may not be fulfilled by the #1 health insurance policy in India. So, try to understand the key features of every health insurance policy, then analyze whether it is going to help you to cover your specific requirements.
There are many other points I can include here e.g. maternity benefits, pre/post medical expenses, free medical check-ups, premium waiver benefit etc. I will write a detailed in-depth article on this topic. For now, I think you can help yourself to choose the best cashless mediclaim policy in India. If you have any further doubts, feel free to write a comment below and share your questions or experiences or any suggestions.