How to save on everyday fuel (petrol/diesel) expenses in India? I think there is only one way to get some relief at fuel price in India. And that is by having a good fuel credit card with lots of cash back benefits. That’s why in today’s article I am sharing the list of best credit cards in India for the purchase of fuel (petrol/diesel).
The changing fuel price in India is a trending topic as this is one of the political matter as well. So, whatever is the reason for next fuel price increase, you can make sure you are availing the cashback whenever you are purchasing fuel.
Best Credit Cards in India For Fuel Purchase 2018
I have already shared a list of the best credit cards in India where I have mentioned the different category of credit cards in India. But here I will only talk about the best fuel credit cards with which you can earn cash back, get surcharge waiver, reward points etc.
#1. ICICI Bank HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card
ICICI bank fuel credit card is our #1 in this list of best fuel credit cards in India. This card has plenty of benefits and cashback offers. Let’s check out them one by one.
- This card is beneficial for people who buy fuel from HPCL outlets regularly
- Get 2.5% cashback everytime you purchase fuel using this card
- Also get 1% fuel surcharge waiver as well
- You can earn 6 payback points per Rs 100 spent on fuel at HPCL pumps.
- You have to swipe your card on ICICI merchant services swipe machines to avail these benefits.
- Get Rs 100 off on movie tickets on www.bookmyshow.com. Max, you can use 2 times a month
Fee & Charges
- Joining Fee: Rs 199 + GST
- Annual Fee: First year free, from 2nd year Rs 199 + GST ( If you spend Rs 50,000 in a year, this fee will be waived off)
- Supplementary Card Fee: NIL
#2 Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
SC fuel credit is also a very good all-round credit card which offer multiple benefits. Here are the benefits and rewards you can avail with this fuel credit card.
- Earn 2.5% cashback on fuel purchase. Min transaction amount Rs 750.
- The max cashback allowed per transaction is Rs 100 and monthly Rs 500 (maximum limit). But you can’t avail Rs 500 cashback on fuel straightway.
- You will be able to get Rs 200 max for fuel and rest Rs 200 for telecom (postpaid mobile/landline bill payments) and remaining Rs 100 for utility bill payments.
- 20% cashback on UBER rides up to Rs 600 per month. This is quite beneficial for people depending on UBER for daily communication.
Fee & Charges
- Joining Fee: Rs 499 (Waived off with spending Rs. 30,000 in the first year)
- Annual Fees: ZERO for the first year, Rs. 750 from second year onwards (Waived off with spending 60,000 in a year)
#3 HDFC Bharat CashBack Credit Card
HDFC credit cards are really good as they provide every type of benefits. In our list also we keep HDFC fuel credit card, named Bharat Cashback as the #3 best fuel credit card in India. Let’s explore the key features of this card.
- 5% cashback on spending on petrol pumps
- Max allowed cashback is up to Rs 150 (per month)
- Good for people, who have a bike or small car and spend less than Rs 3000 per month on petrol or diesel
- Additionally, enjoy 5% CashBack for all EasyEMI, PayZapp and SmartBUY transactions using the card (Maxi. Rs 150 per month)
Fee & Charges
- Annual Fee: 500 (Get fee waiver on spends of Rs. 20,000 in a year)
#4 Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card (Platinum)
Citibank fuel credit card has certain unique benefits which will make this card popular. You can earn turbo points which you can redeem at petrol pumps. That’s really great. Let’s explore the key benefits of Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card (Platinum).
- You have to buy petrol from IOC petrol pumps to get these fuel benefits.
- You have to swipe your credit card at Citi terminals at Indian Oil pumps to avail these benefits.
- On Every Rs 150 spent on fuel, you will get 4 turbo points.
- 1 Turbo point = 1 rupee. Max allowed cashback 267 Turbo Points = Rs.267 (or Rs.10,000 Spend) per transaction
- Full waiver of the fuel surcharge (1%) on fuel purchases
- Besides that, also earn 2 Turbo Points on Rs.150 at grocery and supermarkets, 1 Turbo Point on Rs.150 spent elsewhere like Shopping, Dining and more.
- Up to 15% savings across participating restaurants with Citi credit card.
Fee & Charges
- Annual Fees: Rs. 1000 (waived after spending Rs. Rs.30,000 in one year)
#5 Indusind Iconia Credit Card (American Express Variant)
If you are not worried about high joining fee, then this Indusind fuel credit card is a good option for you. This card has some good benefits compared to other fuel credit cards in India.
- Choose from wide variety of welcome benefits.
- For every Rs. 100 spent, you can earn 2 Reward points on weekends i.e. Saturday and Sunday and 1.5 reward points weekdays i.e. Monday to Friday
- You will also get 1% surcharge waiver, for every Rs 400 spend on fuel.
- Also get discounts on movie tickets, max Rs 200 off per month.
- Complimentary air accident insurance cover up to Rs. 25 lakh
Fee & Charges
- Joining Fee: Rs 17999
- Annual Fee: NIL
Wrapping It Up
Generally, we used to take petrol from a couple of fixed petrol pumps near to our home or office. In that case, find out from which petrol pump you generally buy fuel and accordingly choose the suitable credit card.
If you are a traveller or working in a profession where you have to travel any part of the city daily, then it’s a different scenario. In that case, from the list, I think SC fuel credit card is the best as it gives fuel benefits across all petrol pumps.
Hope you like this list of best fuel credit cards in India and able to choose the one as per your benefits. This is the only way to save money on fuel purchases. And if you agree with me, then write a comment below and share your thoughts & experiences also.