Best travel credit cards in 2017: Travelling has become part of everyone’s life. Now a days everyone is planning multiple trips in a year with family or friends to explore new places and also get stressed out of hectic daily life routine. If you are like me or like these people and looking for the best travel credit cards in India then you are at the right place.
Travel credit cards are a must to avail various benefits and make the travel plan 100% perfect. Yes, planning plays a big role in any kind of travelling. In that case I think carrying a travel specific credit card will help you to make your plan full proof and also save money in various areas.
In this article let’s explore few of the best credit cards in India which are very much popular among travelers. Not only that if you are planning for a trip outside India (abroad), then also you can easily enjoy various benefits. Just want to point out few of the key highlights of these credit cards below.
Best Travel Credit Card India 2016
You can read in details about the article I have published earlier about 5 things you should know about airline credit cards. Anyway, let’s explore the credit cards one by one and find out their benefits.
HDFC JetPrivilege Diners Credit Card
You have to pay Rs 10,000 as joining fee for this credit card. And there will be a recurring renewal fee of Rs 5000 next year onward. Here are the various benefits of this HDFC bank travel credit card.
- Welcome Benefit of up to 30,000 Bonus JPMiles and 15 JetPrivilege Tier Points within the first 90 days
- Earn 8 JPMiles for every Rs. 150 spent
- Get 3X JPMiles for spends on www.jetairways.com
- Unlimited Airport Lounge access to over 600+ lounges globally
- Unlimited golf training and access to premium golf clubs globally
- Avail 24/7 Concierge services for all your bookings
- Exclusive Dining Privileges
Standard Chartered Emirates Platinum Mastercard Credit Card
Personally I am using their Manhattan credit card which is simply amazing and able to fill my personal needs in daily
life. Anyway this credit card is good for travel lovers but you have to be ready to pay healthy annual fee. They have 2
types of variants and for them the charges are as below.
Variant 1 – Rs. 13,999
Variant 2 – Rs. 3,999
You can check out the benefits you will get for Standard Chartered travel credit card.
- Earn 4 Emirates Skywards Miles for every Rs.150 spent
- Get 27,500 bonus Skywards Miles when you join, and redeem them for free tickets, upgrades and much more
- Earn 27,500 Miles and fly to Dubai
- Earn 55,000 Miles and fly to Rome, Paris or London, among others
- Earn 85,000 Miles and fly to the USA
- Complimentary membership to over 850 lounges globally with a usage fee of $27 per member.
- Travel Insurance up to Rs. 10 Million.
SBI Air India Visa Signature Card
Although SBI is one of the biggest banks in India, but their credit cards are not that much equipped compared to
Standard Chartered or Citi Bank credit cards. Anyway this credit card is quite good from few specific benefits. You have to pay a joining fee of Rs 4,999 and the same as renewal fee after completion of 1st year. This card has various other charges and you should check out the product page for more details.
- 1 Air India Mile = 1 Reward Point.
- 20,000 Reward Points as Welcome Bonus.
- 20 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets.
Other Travel Features of this SBI travel credit card is mentioned below.
- Complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program – Flying Returns.
- Access to over 600 International Airport Luxury Lounges with complimentary Priority Pass Program.
- Complimentary Visa Lounge Access Program in India at major domestic airports.
Citibank Prestige Visa Infinite Credit Card
I really like the Citibank travel credit card. Although it is quite expensive to join, but the benefits they are
providing is quite good and worthy for the money. But you should analyse first whether you are looking for such benefits or not at the cost of such a high joining fee of Rs 20,000. And this is the renewal fee as well. Let’s explore the key highlights of Citibank Prestige Visa Infinite Travel Credit Card
- Get 10,000 bonus air miles and vouchers worth Rs 10,000 from Taj Group or ITC hotels , every year
- Indulge in one night complimentary stay, on minimum booking of 4 nights, at exquisite properties across the world
- Unlimited complimentary Priority PassTM lounge access at over 800 airports for primary and supplementary card members
- Enjoy elevated status on the loyalty programs of our global partners – British Airways & Taj Group
- Unlimited complimentary Priority Pass lounge access at over 800 airports globally.
- Meet & Assist services at over 30 international airports within Asia Pacific region
- Taj Epicure Plus Plan and Inner Circle Gold membership
- Air Accident Insurance of Rs. 5 Crores.
- Overseas Medical Insurance of USD$ 50,000.
- One-night complimentary stay at exquisite properties across the world (minimum booking of 4 nights).
American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
American Express credit cards are good for them who are travelling abroad frequently as they have world wide networks. You can easily get this credit card by paying Rs. 5,000 – 1st Year Fees and Rs. 10,000 – Renewal Fees. Here are the benefits of American Express travel credit card.
- Welcome Gift of 11,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points.
- 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 50 spent on the Card.
- Additional cashback of up to Rs. 10,000 at MakeMyTrip.com.
- Privileges at Luxury Hotel chains like Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces, Trident Hotels and more.
- Access to American Express proprietary lounges in Delhi and Mumbai.
- Complimentary membership to Priority Pass.
- Complimentary access to leading golf courses in India.
So, these are the few top credit cards in India for getting travel benefits. All the benefits and features are taken from the official website of every credit card. Just click on the apply link and you will find every single details. Make sure you have gone through the terms & conditions of every credit card and their charges in detail to avoid future confusions.
Which travel credit card you are using? Write a simple comment below and share your experience of using a travel credit card and also which one is the best travel credit card in India according to you?