HDFC Life Cancer Care plan is one of the few cancer insurance policies launched in India. This policy will cover a maximum 20 lakh sum assured, where recently launched BSLI Cancer Shield Plan is providing a 50 lakh sum assured cancer insurance coverage.
In this article, I will try to share every single details of HDFC Life Cancer Care plan with key features, premium calculator, how to buy online, coverage on various stages of cancer etc and complete review of HDFC Life Cancer Care.
Key Features of HDFC Life Cancer Care Insurance Policy
This is a pure cancer care plan that means if you have diagnosed with cancer in your later stage of life, you will be able to avail the benefit of this policy. Anyway let’s explore the key highlights first.
- In case of cancer diagnosed on diagnosis of Early Stage and Major Cancer, a lump sum benefit will be provided which is max 20 lakh.
- Choose from 3 available options like Silver Option, Gold Option, Platinum Option as per the benefit you need.
- In case insured is diagnosed with early stage of cancer, future premiums will be waived off for all stages. On a valid claim of Early Stage Cancer or Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS) diagnosis, premiums will be waived for a period of 3 policy years.
- In case of no claim in a year, your policy sum assured value will increase by 10% for gold & platinum option. And it will be max 2005 of the sum assured.
- In case of major cancer diagnosed, a monthly income of amount 1% of sum assured will be provided for next 5 years. This is valid for platinum plan only.
- Get discounts on premium in case you have opted for a cancer insurance of sum assured 10 lakh or more.
- No need to go through any medical tests or diagnosis.
- There will be no maturity benefit, death benefit, surrender rules & loan facility in this policy.
- Get income tax benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961
What are the exclusions of HDFC Cancer care Plan
One thing i will stress about this kind of special plan is their exclusions. One should know what is not covered or when your insurance claim may get rejected. Here are few important exclusions of hdfc life cancer care policy when even if you diagnosed with any Major Cancer, Carcinoma-in-situ or Early Stage Cancer your life may not get covered if cancer happened due to listed below reasons:
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases AIDS or HIV.
- Any congenital conditions
- Any pre-existing condition
- Intoxication by alcohol or narcotics or voluntarily taking or using any drug, medication or sedative unless it is an “over the counter” drug, medication or sedative taken according to package directions; Nuclear, biological or chemical contamination (NBC),
- There is a waiting period of 180 days from the date of commencement or the date of reinstatement of cover. In case cancer diagnosed during this waiting period then your policy shall terminate and no benefit shall be payable under the policy.
How to Buy HDFC Cancer Care Plan Online
- First of visit HDFC Life Online portal to buy cancer care policy.
- Use their HDFC Cancer care premium calculator and find out the premium for your desired sum assured value.
- Provide all necessary personal details and complete the steps one by one.
- After paying the calculated premium, you will get the policy documents soft copies in mail and hard by post in few days as per policy term.
Do you think HDFC Cancer Care is the best cancer care policy in India? If you are looking for more than 20 lakh sum assured, then you can check out the Birla Sunlife Cancer shield plan. For more details about this policy, kindly refer to the policy brochure.