HDFC Life Click 2 Invest – Online ULIP ( Unit Linked Insurance Plan )
HDFC Click 2 Invest is a ULIP plan and in-fact this is an online ULIP plan in India. I was also reading somewhere that this is the first online ulip plan in India. When ULIP plans are struggling to survive due to their high charges, HDFC Click2Invest has launched with zero policy allocation charges and zero policy administration charges.
The major charges includes only the mortality charges which generally a policy charges to provide your life cover and the fund management charges only. In this article I will share everything about hdfc click 2 invest review, how to use premium calculator, benefits, maturity benefits, hdfc click 2 invest balanced fund, hdfc click 2 invest opportunities fund, hdfc click 2 invest nav etc.
Key Highlights of HDFC Click 2 Invest Policy
- No Policy Administration and Premium Allocation charges. There will be a fund management charge which is approximate to 1.35%, little lower than mutual funds though (1% – 2% max).
- 8 fund options to choose from and decide on how much risk you are ready to take. Your premium will be invested in these funds only.
- Multiple Premium Payment options like Single pay, 5 pay, 7 pay, 10 pay or regular pay.
- Flexibility To Choose Your Policy Term from 5 years to 20 years
- Be tax-smart and avail of benefits on premium paid under Sec 80C. Death Benefit and Maturity benefits are exempt from Tax under Sec 10(10D) like every insurance policy.
- In case of unfortunate death of policy holder, your nominee will get the highest of any of these : sum assured value or fund value or 105% of premium paid.
- As maturity value one will get the fund value at the end of the policy term.
- In a year you can use 4 switches between funds to re-balance your portfolio to keep on high growth. In case any further switch is availed, then it will be charged.
- Generally ULIP plans are having a high discontinuation charges, but HDFC Click 2 Invest doesn’t have any such charges.
- You can’t go for partial withdrawal before completing 5 years of premium payment. In fact you can’t surrender the policy before completing 5 years. In case you are not interested to pay any more premium before completing 5 years, then your policy will be lapsed and moved to discontinued fund portfolio where a nominal 4% interest will be paid till 5 years.
- This plan offers no loan facility during the policy period.
- You can check out hdfc life click 2 invest brochure for complete details and also use hdfc life click 2 invest premium calculator to find out the premium amount required for your desired sum assured value.
HDFC Click 2 Invest Online ULIP Plan Eligibility Criteria
|Policy Term (in years)||5||20|
|Premium Payment Term (in years)||Regular, Limited or Single|
|Entry Age of the Life Insured||30 days||65 years|
|Maturity Age||18 years||75 years|
|Payment Modes||Yearly, Half-yearly, Quarterly, Monthly or Single|
|Sum Assured – Single Premium||125% of Single Premium|
|Sum Assured – Regular and Limited Premium (Age <= 55 years)||10 x Annualised Premium|
|Sum Assured – Regular and Limited Premium (Age > 55 years)||7 x Annualised Premium|
Fund options available in HDFC Life Click2Invest
Should I Buy HDFC Click 2 Invest Ulip Plan?
First of all I just want to ask you the question do you know how a ULIP plan works? In case your purpose is to invest money for high returns then let me tell you that ULIP plans are not the best product. In fact if you are looking for an insurance product also, a ULIP plan can’t buy a high life cover for you.
You need to stay invested for longer period to get a long term return from 7% – 8% and that is also is best possible cases. But what about your life cover? You have to buy a pure term insurance plan to get enough life insurance. For investment purpose, mutual funds are good option although the fund management funds look high comparatively. The reason is simple, when Mutual Funds are promising a good return of approx 14% in long run one can bear the charges of 2%. But for ULIP plans bearing 1.35% charges against a return of 6% – 7% is really tough.
Despite the product is having many good features an HDFC Life is promoting comparing other ULIP plans, it may suite your investment need in case your expectation is up to that only and you are not at all ready to take risk on your return.
What is your understanding on comparison among ULIP vs Mutual Fund if we consider the long term return? Share your thoughts or queries in case any.