Axis LT Equity Fund(G) is one of the most trusted and popular tax savings mutual fund in India. ELSS or equity linked savings scheme mutual funds are in high demand as most people are preferring them to get income tax exemption under section 80C. In this article I will try to share some core information about Axis Long Term ELSS Fund and try to provide a comprehensive review. Also I will share how one can buy Axis LT Equity Fund(G) online from India or USA, Canada or any part of the world in just few clicks away.
Summary of Axis LT Equity Fund(G)
Let’s start with some basic information about this mutual fund. This fund is launched 29/12/2009, which means it’s been 8 years and this fund has performed outstanding. This is a Equity linked mutual fund, that means the majority of your investment will be put in equity part, which means a equity vs debt ration of 60:40 or more. You can check out the current NAv value online as its changing every day, but right now its 32.64 and the trailing return since inception is 18.07. The net asset value of Axis LT Equity Fund is 8,31,257.38 Lakhs.( As on 31/12/2016). Let’s explore more details about Axis Long Term Equity Fund.
Top 10 Holdings of Axis long term equity fund
As this is the best performing tax saving mutual fund in India, that means the investments are mostly done on some good stocks or you can say the major companies under this mutual fund are performing well. Here is the list of top 10 stocks under Axis LT Equity Fund(G).
|S.No.||Name of Holding||Net Assets (%)|
|1||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited||8.1|
|2||HDFC Bank Limited||7.85|
|3||Maruti Suzuki India Limited||6.35|
|4||Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited||5.76|
|5||Motherson Sumi Systems Limited||4.25|
|6||Pidilite Industries Limited||3.74|
|7||Tech Mahindra Limited||3.63|
|8||Clearing Corporation of India Ltd||3.48|
|9||Bajaj Finance Limited||3.47|
|10||Larsen & Toubro Limited||3.41|
Top 5 Sectors of Axis long term equity fund
It’s clearly understanding why Axis LT Equity Fund(G) is performing well in last few years. You can see that the majority of the holdings are from Banking sector, Finance, Auto sector which is booming in India. Specially the banking sector is performing their best after demonetization.
|S.No.||Name of Holding||Net Assets (%)|
|1||Bank – Private||16.29|
|2||Finance – NBFC||8.34|
|3||Finance – Housing||8.03|
|5||Automobiles – Passenger Cars||6.35|
How To Invest in Axis LT Equity Fund(G) Online
Investing in mutual fund has become very easy these days. Mainly there are two ways to invest in any mutual fund so as Axis LT Equity Fund(G). You can either invest directly via Axis mutual fund website or through via Robo advisers platforms like FundsIndia or online brokers also.
Direct Investment Through Axis Mutual Fund Website
- First of all you have to visit www.axismf.com website and start looking for the Axis LT Equity Fund(G). Click on the ‘invest online in less than 7 minutes’ section and then register online.
- Next, you have to fill up Axis long term equity fund application form online carefully with all the necessary personal details like PAN, Bank account details for ECS, SIP details, monthly installment details, tenure details etc. I am considering that you are investing in Axis LT Equity Fund(G) through SIP way only. You can also invest one-time lump-sum amount also.
- You can choose from Axis Long Term equity Fund Growth or Axis Long Term Equity fund Dividend, but its recommended to go with the growth option for better return on long run.
- Also make sure that you are choosing Direct option and keeping the Broker id as 00000.
- Next you have to choose the payment method as you can go for Net banking option. Initially you can set up an SIP of Rs 500 only. After complete verification and successful execution of your SIP you can access your account and invest any amount there after.
- Finally, you have to take the print out of this application form, filled KYC form, necessary documents like PAN card self attested, cancelled bank cheque and then finally send to Axis mutual fund registrar the Karvy.
- You can easily check your application status of KYC from the camskra.com or cvlkra.com online.
Invest in Axis LT Equity Fund(G) via FundsIndia, Sharekhan etc Robo Advisers
Well, if you are planning to invest in multiple mutual funds and stocks and find it difficult to manage the direct investments, then you can always use any of the top 10 robo advisers in India. Personally I have opened an account with FundsIndia and invested in couple of mutual funds through them including this ELSS Fund Axis LT Equity Fund(G).
Best Alternatives of Axis LT Equity Fund(G)
Well, its not like that there are only one mutual fund in the ELSS segment which is performing well. In fact there are couple other ELSS funds which you can also consider for more investment and making your portfolio diversified. Here are the top 5 alternatives of Axis Long Term Equity Fund.
- Reliance Tax Saver
- Birla Sun Life Tax Saver 96
- ICICI Pru LT Equity Fund
- SBI Magnum TaxGain’93-Reg
- Franklin India Taxshield Fund
Axis Mutual Fund Customer Care & Address Details
|Address||Axis House, 1st Floor, C-2, Wadia International Centre, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli, Mumbai – 400 025|
Conclusion of Axis Long Term Equity ELSS Fund Review
So, there is no doubt that why Axis LT Equity Fund has made the place in Top 10 Best ELSS Mutual Funds India 2017. And due to the income tax saving factor, this fund is getting more response. Another reason is people who are not at confident enough to invest in stock market directly or don’t have time to spend for researching various stocks ups & downs are finding the mutual fund way as the best way to enjoy the return from equity. So, do you think Axis LT Equity Fund is the best ELSS fund of 2017? Did you invest in Axis LT Equity Fund online?