Do you buy groceries from supermarkets like More megastore, Big Bazaar, Reliance Fresh? Then how would you feel if I say that you can now save 5% extra on your shopping bill using the Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card. Yes, this is a kind of unique best credit card in India where you will get real time 5% cashback on purchase of grocery items.
Most of credit cards offer cashbacks or reward points, but there are very less credit cards who provide flat discount on your shopping bill. But Manhattan Platinum Credit Card stands unique in that case and they actually provide 5% cashback on your entire grocery shopping bill. Let’s explore more about Manhattan Platinum Credit Card review here.
Key Highlights of Manhattan Platinum Credit Card.
Decent Cashback: The Manhattan Platinum card gives you cashback and attractive rewards whenever you shop. 5% Cashback on Credit Card spends at Supermarkets & Departmental Stores. As per their website the shops are More megastore, Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Food Bazaar etc. If you have any query about any specific store then you have to ask their customer support team.
You can earn upto INR 500 as cashback every month and INR 150 per transaction and you need to spend at least INR 1000 per transaction to earn cashback.
More Reward Points: Get 5 time reward points when you spend on Hotel, Dining, Airline tickets, Fuel purchase etc. Generally you may find 2X or 3X reward points but here you will get even more and then easily redeem your points.
Redeem Option: You can also redeem these reward points in real time money. E.g. 1 reward point is equivalent to 30 paisa. That means if you have accumulated 1000 points, it’s actually Rs 300 which is simply great. Not like other credit cards, where you are bound with some limited options while redeeming your reward points online.
Bill Payment Option: Use any of their Convenient Payment Options like BillDesk, NEFT / IBFT, VISA Money Transfer, Net Banking, ECS etc from anywhere & anytime.
Uber Cash Back: Get 20% cashback on UBER rides with your credit card. You can save up to Rs 600 per month till 30th September 2017. If you are travelling frequently using UBER then this is a very big deal for you.
What is the joining & renewal charges of Manhattan Platinum Credit Card.
- Joining Fee (Year 1) – Rs 499 + tax. This fee will be waived off if the annual purchase exceed Rs 30,000
- Annual Fee (Year 2 Onwards) – Rs 999. But Annual/Renewal Fee waived if you spend Rs. 60,000 in a year
- Supplementary card Joining/Annual Fee – NIL
Eligibility Criteria for Applying Standard Chartered Credit Card
Generally one have to earn regular income and that has to be decent as per the type of credit card you are applying for. If you are a freelancer or your income is not steady then you will find it difficult to get your credit card application get approved. Anyway, here are few basic eligibility criteria for applying Manhattan Credit Card online.
- Applicant’s age should be between 21 and 65.
- Applicant should have a stable monthly income.
- Applicant should belong to credit cards sourcing cities/locations of the Bank.
- All applications are subject to credit and other policy checks of the Bank.
Mandatory Documents Required To Apply Sc Manhattan Credit Card
- Identity Proof (Any One of the following Photo cards): Passport, PAN Card, Voter Id Card, Govt ID, etc
- Address Proof (Any One of the following documents with current residence address): Passport, Driving License, Phone bill, Electricity / Other Utility bill, Rental agreement, Latest Other Bank / Credit Card statement
- 1 recent passport-sized Photograph
- Financial Documents: For salaried latest one month salary slip and for self employed businessmen, latest IT Returns with computation of income /Certified Financials, Last Business Continuity proof, Other bank credit card, Life insurance policy etc.
Step By Step Process To Apply Online
There are various ways to apply for this SC credit card. But if you are looking for the fastest approval way then its always better to apply online using their instant approval link.
Click on the Instant approval link first and fill up the application form carefully. Provide below information carefully as you have to share the proof also.
- Do you have an existing SCB Credit Card
- City where you live
- (dd-mm-yyyy) Date of Birth
- Source of Income
- Gross Fixed Monthly Income (Rs.)
- Mobile No
After filling this information, you have to click on proceed and you will receive OTP on your mobile that you have to verify to complete the application procedure. After OTP verification, you will navigate to the last screen which is the instant approval screen.
There you will receive the application number and also the confirmation of the application. After successful application, bank people will contact you to collect the documents and further formalities and verification process. It may take some time depending on the verification process before they issue your Manhattan credit card. You can also refer to their complete terms & conditions before applying the credit card.