ICICI Bank Account opening process: Do you know that now you can open a bank account without visiting your nearest branch? I am not talking here about opening a bank account online by visiting ICICI bank website, rather than some ICICI bank executive will visit your home and complete the process of account opening.
As people are getting very busy in week days in their work, it is almost impossible for them to visit to bank to open a savings account. In fact if you have applied for ICICI bank savings account online by filling their online application form, you have to visit the nearest ICICI bank branch to submit the documents.
To solve this problem, ICICI bank has launched Tab Banking which will simply resolve the issues of customer. Now one executive will visit to your home or office address and collect every document from you and also get the application form filled. Your ICICI savings account will be opened instantly without going anywhere with the help of tab banking.
- 1 Summary of ICICI Bank account opening process
- 2 Types of savings account in ICICI Bank
- 3 How To Invite ICICI Tab Banking officer to open your account
- 4 Documents required for online ICICI Bank Savings account opening
- 5 ICICI saving account interest rate per month 2017
- 6 Eligibility Criteria To Open a Bank account in ICICI Bank
- 7 What is Minimum Balance in ICICI Bank Savings Account?
- 8 ICICI Bank online Application form download Links
- 9 Steps by Step Process – Open a savings account in ICICI Bank Online
- 10 ICICI Bank Balance Enquiry by Miss Call or SMS or Toll Free Numbers
Summary of ICICI Bank account opening process
In this article, I will be sharing information like ICICI bank saving account form filling guide, ICICI bank saving account interest rate, ICICI bank minimum balance for current account, ICICI bank account balance enquiry or how to check account balance, cheque book request form download, ICICI bank online login & net banking guide at one place.
Types of savings account in ICICI Bank
There are various types of savings account as per the need of user. Just check out the list of popular savings account from ICICI Bank.
- Regular Savings Account
- Silver Savings Account
- Advantage Woman Savings Account
- Senior Citizens Savings Account
- Gold Privilege Account
- Titanium Privilege Account
How To Invite ICICI Tab Banking officer to open your account
- Call on ICICI Bank toll free number 1800 200 3045
- Send an SMS ‘TAB’ to 5676766
- Place request through ICICI Bank website
Documents required for online ICICI Bank Savings account opening
You have to submit documents like Address proof, Identity proof, Age proof, Relationship Proof as per the types of account you want to open with ICICI Bank. Here are the common list of documents you need to open a bank account in ICICI bank.
- Valid Passport with photograph & signature,
- Driving license (Handwritten or laminated) issued by regional transport authority,
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Dept /UTITSL/ NSDL,
- Voter ID card, Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government,
- Aadhaar letter card issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
ICICI saving account interest rate per month 2017
|SAVINGS BANK ACCOUNT||RATE OF INTEREST#||MINIMUM BALANCE*|
|a. With cheque book facility||4.00%||4.00%||Metro, Urban – Rs.10,000
Semi Urban – Rs.5,000
Rural – Rs.2,000
|b. No Frills Account / Basic Savings Bank Account||4.00%||4.00%||Zero|
|NRO / NRE||4.00%||4.00%||Metro, Urban, Semi Urban – Rs.15,000
Rural – Rs.5,000
# Interest Rate revised from 3.50% p.a to 4.00% p.a w.e.f. May 3, 2011
Eligibility Criteria To Open a Bank account in ICICI Bank
The eligibility criteria of opening ICICI bank account is very simple and clear.
- You must be a citizen of India and have not opened any savings account in your name with ICICI bank already.
- You should have PAN card to apply for a Bank account.
- Must be able to validate your KYC process with necessary address proof.
For more specific eligibility criteria, you must contact your nearest ICICI bank branch or call their customer care numbers.
What is Minimum Balance in ICICI Bank Savings Account?
|Type of Savings Account||Balance Required|
|Blue PrivilegeSavings Account (Non-Senior Citizen)||MAB: Rs. 10,000|
|Gold PrivilegeSavings Account (Non-Senior Citizen)||MAB: Rs. 50,000|
|Titanium PrivilegeSavings Account (Non – Senior Citizen)||MAB: Rs. 125,000|
|Silver Savings Account||MAB: Rs. 25,000|
|Regular Savings Account||Metro and Urban locations – Rs. 10,000 MAB
Semi-urban locations – Rs. 5,000 MAB
Rural locations – Rs. 2,000 MAB
Gramin locations – Rs. 1,000 MAB
|Advantage Woman Savings Account||MAB: Rs. 10,000|
|Senior Citizen Savings Account||MAB: Rs. 4,500|
|Young Stars and Smart Star Account||MAB: Rs. 2,500|
ICICI Bank online Application form download Links
You can download various account opening or investment related application forms online from ICICI Bank official website download link itself. Just follow the below website link and download the account opening forms, KYC forms and other necessary forms before visiting your nearest branch to open a SB account in ICICI Bank.
Steps by Step Process – Open a savings account in ICICI Bank Online
The application process is very simple indeed. As already mentioned that you can call to their Tab banking executives and then open a bank account from home or office itself. But still if you want to open savings acocunt by visiting ICICI bank website then follow the step by step guide below.
Visit the ICICI Bank savings bank account opening page.
The choose from the wide variety of savings account and then click on the button below like New Customer, Existing Customer or Request a Call to get assistance.
Every types of savings bank account has their own benefits and features. You should analyse first and then only open a bank account.
Then fill up the icici bank online application for account opening form carefully without any mistake or wrong information. There are icici bank account opening minimum balance specific to account types and you should check the same. If you want to open a zero balance account and find out such types first.
After completion of the form, take a print out and attach the necessary documents and submit the same in the nearest ICICI bank branch only.
ICICI Bank Balance Enquiry by Miss Call or SMS or Toll Free Numbers
After successful processing of your account opening form, bank will hand over the savings account KIT where you will find internet banking password, id and debit cards and many more necessary documents. Just login to your ICICI bank net banking account or register for the ICICI bank mobile banking and login with your user id and password. Then you can easily check your account balance, transfer funds, request a check book or any other banking activity easily without visiting any ICICI bank branch. The balance enquiry number is- 02230256767.