How To Open Bank Account in PNB, Missed Call Banking, Balance Enquiry
Want to open a bank account in PNB online? Do you how much interest rate PNB savings bank account is giving on deposits? In this article I will be sharing various information like pnb account balance inquiry, pnb account opening form online, pnb minimum balance saving account, how to fill pnb account opening form, pnb account opening form for student etc at one place.
Summary of PNB Account opening Process
Punjab National Bank is a well known bank in India. They offer various kind of banking products like attractive fixed deposit schemes, savings bank accounts, current accounts etc. In this article, I will be sharing information like PNB saving account form filling guide, PNB saving account interest rate, PNB minimum balance for current account, PNB account balance enquiry or how to check account balance, cheque book request form download, PNB online login & net banking guide at one place.
Types of Savings Account with PNB or Punjab National bank
If you are planning to open a savings bank account with PNB, then you should know that how many types of savings bank account you can choose from like others banks are offering.
PNB offers single type of typical savings account with various attractive features. You can find out the features or key highlights of PNB savings bank account here itself.
Key features of PNB savings account
- 0.15% AER / 0.15% gross for all accounts.
- Half yearly interest payable (applicable only if minimum interest during a month is £1 or more).
- No minimum balance required. That means you can easily open a zero balance savings account with PNB
- No restrictions on deposits and withdrawals.
- Free money transfer to accounts with PNB in India
- Recommended for purpose of money transfer or as a linked operative account for opening fixed deposit accounts.
- NET banking facility so that you can easily check your account balance online from anywhere.
- Debit Card or cheque book facilities not available. This seems to be a negative point of this account in the era of cashless economy.
Eligibility Criteria to open a bank account in PNB
The eligibility criteria of opening Punjab National Bank is very simple and clear.
- You must be a citizen of India and have not opened any savings account in your name with Punjab National Bank already.
- You should have PAN card to apply for a Bank account.
- Must be able to validate your KYC process with necessary address proof.
For more specific eligibility criteria, you must contact your nearest Punjab National Bank branch or call their customer care numbers.
What is the minimum balance in PNB sb account
|Type of Savings Account||Balance Required|
|PNB Saving Deposit General Account||(AQB) Rural: Rs.500, Semi- Urban: Rs.1000, Urban: Rs.1000, Metropolitan: Rs.1000|
|PNB Premium Saving Account||AQB Rs. 50,000|
|PNB Prudent Sweep for Individuals||Initial Deposit: Rs. 500; AQB: Rs. 5000 for Rural/Semi-Urban & Rs.10000 for Urban/Metro areas.|
|PNB Junior Sf Account||–|
|PNB Vidyarthi Savings Fund Account Scheme||–|
|PNB Basic Saving Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA)||–|
|PNB Rakshak Scheme||–|
|PNB Power Savings||AQB: Rs.500 in Rural Branches; Rs.1000 in other branches|
|PNB Pension Savings Account||–|
Documents required to open a bank account in PNB
You can either visit to nearest PNB branch and open a savings bank account or you can send the application form filled up with the copy of necessary documents via post also. Here are the mandatory documents one need to provide while opening bank account in PNB.
- Proof of identification :You can share a valid passport or Aadhaar card.
- Proof of address: Recent (not older than 3 months) original bank statement or utility invoice (telephone, gas, electricity, water, council rates) with full name and address. Bank doesn’t accept internet printouts, Aadhaar card, credit card statements and mobile phone bills.
- Separate documents as noted above required for each applicant
In case you send the documents by post to open your account in PNB
You have to send Certified Proof of Identification, Proof of address, A cheque of nominal amount signed by you from your existing UK bank account etc as per PNB website.
Steps By Ste Process – Open A Savings account in Punjab National Bank or PNB
First of all you have to visit PNB official website and visit the savings bank account opening page. There you can download the account opening form and fill the same carefully.
Next you can either visit to nearest PNB branch and submit the form with the mandatory documents. Otherwise, you can send the application documents by post also. In that case you might have to furnish more documents like a cancelled cheque leaf.
Anyway, after proper verification of the application, your PNB savings bank KIT will be handed over to you or mailed your via courier service. The verification process may take 2-3 days time to complete.
A welcome letter will be mailed to your mailing address providing all the necessary information to operate the account along with a copy of our schedule of terms and conditions.
Punjab national bank saving account Interest Rate 2017
PNB offer savings account with an interest rate of 4% like others. If you want to open a fixed deposit account with PNB then you can expect a highest interest rate of 7%.
How to Open Zero Balance Account in Punjab National Bank
PNB Rakshak Scheme account is the zero balance account one can open with PNB. There are various unique feature available for this account. E.g. International Debit cum ATM Card with accidental death insurance cover of Rs. 3 lac to 10 lac and Air accidental death insurance cover of Rs.5 lac to 20 lac (T & C apply). Just visit their official website an dtry to collect more information before applying PNB zero balance account online.
PNB Balance Enquiry by Miss Call or SMS or Toll Free Numbers
Balance enquiry number is- 18001802222 or 01202490000. Follow the same missed call step in this case also. Besides that, you can also apply for PNB internet banking access & password, and the login to your net banking account. Through your PNB net banking account you can easily add beneficiaries, transfer funds to any other account, IMPS transfer, address change, change your mobile number, download statement etc.
So, do you have a bank account with PNB? In that case how do you check your bank account balance online? If you are looking to open a bank account in PNB, then you can refer to the official PNB site to find more updated information. Also don’t forget to share your experience with PNB if any by writing a simple comment below.