Want to open a bank account in Canara bank online? Canara Bank is one of the leading nationalized bank in India. If you are planning to open your first bank account and thinking is Canara Bank is the best bank to open a savings account then this is the best place to find everything about Canara Bank.
In this article I will be sharing various useful information and how to guide which will help you to open a savings account in Canara Bank online or by visiting their nearest branch.
- 1 Summary of Canara Bank account opening process
- 2 Types of Savings account in Canara Bank
- 3 Canara Bank Savings Account Interest Rates 2017
- 4 Eligibility Criteria To Open a Bank Account in Canara Bank Online
- 5 Canara Bank Online Application Form Download links
- 6 Documents Required to Open a Bank account in Canara Bank
- 7 What is Minimum Balance in Canara Bank SB Account
- 8 Steps to open a bank account in Canara Bank
- 9 How to open a Zero Balance Account in Canara Bank
- 10 Canara Bank Balance Enquiry by Miss Call or SMS or Toll Free Numbers
Summary of Canara Bank account opening process
In this article, I will be sharing information like Canara Bank saving account form filling guide, Canara Bank saving account interest rate, Canara Bank minimum balance for current account, Canara Bank account balance enquiry or how to check account balance, cheque book request form download, Canara Bank online login & net banking guide at one place.
Types of Savings account in Canara Bank
Like every bank Canara Bank also provide various types of savings account as per individuals need. Here are the various types of bank account options available at Canara Bank.
- Canara Champ Deposit Scheme
- Canara Small Savings Bank Deposit Account
- Canara Jeevandhara SB Account For Senior Citizens
- Canara SB Power Plus
- Canara Payroll Package Saving Bank Account
- Regular Savings Bank Account
- Canara Gold Savings Bank Account
- Canara Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
- Canara NSIGSE Savings Bank Deposit Account
- Canara Junior Saving Account
Canara Bank Savings Account Interest Rates 2017
Canara Bank savings account will give a nominal 4% interest rate on your deposits like almost every other banks in India. There are many other banks these days who are offering even more than 7% interest rates on savings account which is highest compared to all other SB accounts in India.
Eligibility Criteria To Open a Bank Account in Canara Bank Online
The eligibility criteria of opening Canara Bank SB account is very simple and clear.
- You must be a citizen of India and have not opened any savings account in your name with Canara bank already.
- You should have PAN card to apply for a Bank account.
- Must be able to validate your KYC process with necessary address proof.
For more specific eligibility criteria, you must contact your nearest Canara Bank branch or call their customer care numbers.
You can download various account opening or investment related application forms pdf online from Canara Bank official website download link itself. Just follow the below website link and download the account opening forms, KYC forms and other necessary forms before visiting your nearest branch to open a SB account in Canara Bank.
Documents Required to Open a Bank account in Canara Bank
Any of the following documents bearing photograph of the holder is also accepted for the purpose of identification
- ID and address proof (Passport, Voter’s ID, Driving Licence, Aadhar card, NREGA card, PAN card)
- 2 passport-size photographs
- Specimen Signature Card
- Copy of PAN Card/Form 60 or 61 (if customer does not have PAN Card)
- Any other related documents applicable to Students, Minor, HUF, Trusts, Association etc.
Filling the KYC document is mandatory now a days while opening bank account in India. So make sure you are furnishing all necessary documents at the bank branch.
What is Minimum Balance in Canara Bank SB Account
|Type of Savings Account||Balance Required|
|Canara Savings Bank Account||Metro, Urban & Semi-urban branches: Average Monthly Balance (AMB) of Rs. 1000/-
Rs. 500/- for Rural branches.
|Canara Jeevandhara- SB Account for Senior Citizens||Rs. 20,000|
|Canara SB Power Plus||Average Quarterly Balance (AQB) Rs. 1 lakh|
Steps to open a bank account in Canara Bank
The account opening process is almost similar to other bank only. You can’t open a bank account in Canara Bank complete online mode only. Follow the process below.
To open a bank account in Canara Bank, you have to visit to your nearest Canara Bank branch and ask for canara bank savings bank account opening application form. You can also download the same online also.
Next, you have to fill up the form and submit with the required documents. Your application will be submitted and a URN (Unique reference number) will be sent via SMS.
You have to validate the same and verify with your mobile number. You can also upload the necessary documents online also.
If you download the form online, you have to visit to branch with all original and copy of documents to the nearest branch. Deposit the minimum balance of rs 1000 to open the bank account in Canara Bank.
After successful verification, you will be provided with a passbook and net baking kit.
How to open a Zero Balance Account in Canara Bank
Canara Super Savings Salary Account comes with a zero balance feature. Obviously as this is a salary account, that’s why you can open this account with zero balance. This account is designed for firms having 25 and above employees. If the number of employees is below 25, the bank may considered it at its own discretion.
Canara Bank Balance Enquiry by Miss Call or SMS or Toll Free Numbers
The balance enquiry number is- 09015483483. For details about last 5 transactions, use these numbers- 09015734734 (for details in English), 09015613613 (for details in Hindi). You may contact our Help Desk on the toll free No. 1800-425-0018 anywhere within the country.
Besides that, you can also apply for Canara Bank internet banking access & password, and the login to your net banking account. Through your Canara Bank net banking account you can easily add beneficiaries, transfer funds to any other account, IMPS transfer, address change, change your mobile number, download statement etc.
So, if you think that you should open a savings account in Canara Bank which is very near to your home then its perfectly fine as you should have your account in any bank but near to your home only. You can also invest your savings account money in various deposit schemes to earn more interest. Share your thoughts on this article about how to open a bank account in Canara Bank and write your experiences here if any.