Want to open a bank account in BOI or bank of India? Then you are at the right place as in this article I will be sharing various useful information and how to guide which will help you to open a savings account in Bank of India online or by visiting their nearest branch.
- 1 Summary of Bank of India Account Opening Process
- 2 Types of Savings account in Bank of India
- 3 Bank of India Savings Account / SB Account Interest Rates 2017
- 4 Eligibility Criteria To Open A Savings Account in Bank of India
- 5 Documents required to open Account in Bank of India
- 6 What is The Minimum balance in Bank of India sb account
- 7 Bank of India online Application form download Links
- 8 Steps To open Bank account in BOI or Bank of India
- 9 How to Open Zero Balance Account in Bank of India – BOI
- 10 Bank of India BOI Balance Enquiry by Miss Call or SMS or Toll Free Numbers
Summary of Bank of India Account Opening Process
In this article, I will be sharing information like bank of India saving account form filling guide, BOI saving account interest rate, bank of India minimum balance for current account, bank of India account balance inquiry or how to check account balance, cheque book request form download, bank of India online login & net banking guide at one place.
Types of Savings account in Bank of India
Like every bank Bank of India also provide various types of savings account as per individuals need. Here are the various types of bank account options available at Bank of India.
- BOI Savings Plus Scheme
- Star Diamond Savings Scheme
- Star Suraksha SB Plus Account
- BOI Super Saving Plus
- BOI Star Mahila SB Account
- BOI Star Senior Citizen SB Account
- SB Account for Pensioners
- BOI Star Yuva Account
Bank of India Savings Account / SB Account Interest Rates 2017
Interest shall be paid on SB Account at 4.00 % p.a, will be calculated on daily product basis and will be credited in the SB A/c quarterly in the months of May, August, November and February, respectively every year or at the time of closing of the SB A/c. Check for latest changes in interest rates for BOI.
Eligibility Criteria To Open A Savings Account in Bank of India
The eligibility criteria of opening Bank of India SB account is very simple and clear.
- You must be a citizen of India and have not opened any savings account in your name with Bank of India already.
- You should have PAN card to apply for a Bank account.
- Must be able to validate your KYC process with necessary address proof.
For more specific eligibility criteria, you must contact your nearest Bank of India branch or call their customer care numbers.
Documents required to open Account in Bank of India
As usual you have to provide the address proof and identity proof while opening a bank account. You have to complete the KYC process also as its mandatory now a days. If you have Aadhar card or Passport and PAN card then your application process will be very easy.
As per BOI website, you should carry below mentioned documents.
- Copy of passport.
- Two photographs of account holder/s.
- Signatures to be verified by Indian embassy/known bankers.
- Full particulars as provided in the application form including nomination.
- Remittance should be in foreign currency.
(Please note to give overseas and local addresses, contact phone/fax numbers, email address etc…)
NRI’s can open an account by Inward remittances in any convertible currency from abroad by way of
- Demand drafts
- Star Insta-Remit
- Speed Remittance
- All documents should be duly attested and verified by known bankers / Indian EmbassyNote: Account may be verified by present banker or by Embassy Officials abroad. Copies of important pages of passport (containing name, signature, birth-date, place/ date of issue, expiry date etc) duly authenticated by Notary Public/ Officials of Indian Embassy. Two passport size photographs with signatures on reverse Remittance for opening an account.
What is The Minimum balance in Bank of India sb account
As there are various types of SB accounts available with BOI the minimum balance for each account will be different. You can refer to their official website and find out the exact details. E.g. if you open BOI Savings Plus Scheme account the the minimum balance in SB portion is Rs.25,000/- and minimum balance in Term Deposit Portion is Rs.5,000/-.
Bank of India online Application form download Links
You can download various account opening or investment related application forms online from Bank of India official website download link itself. Just follow the below website link and download the account opening forms, KYC forms and other necessary forms before visiting your nearest branch to open a SB account in BOI.
Steps To open Bank account in BOI or Bank of India
The process of opening a savings bank account is quite easy and as per BOI its just a 3 step process.
Download the bank of India savings bank account opening application form.
Next, fill the application form online and then download the same. Provide your signature where ever applicable.
Next collect the mandatory documents mentioned above and take necessary number of copies.
Then you have to visit the nearest Bank of India branch with these documents and submit your application. After verification your account will be opened and then the savings bank KIt will be provided to you.
How to Open Zero Balance Account in Bank of India – BOI
Bank of India SB no-frill account to be opened with minimum Zero balances at all branches, subject to compliance of all other terms and conditions. You must contact the local branch for more details about the same.
Bank of India BOI Balance Enquiry by Miss Call or SMS or Toll Free Numbers
You can use the mobile number 09015135135 for missed call balance enquiry number of Bank of India. In case of any customer care info, you can dial their toll free number 1800 22 0229 for more details. You can also apply for Bank of India internet banking access and get the password to login to netbanking account. From BOI netbanking you can easily transfer funds, add beneficiary, change address online, change registered mobile number etc online.
So, if you want to open bank account in BOI online then its not possible 100%. You have to complete the forms online but the submission process need personal visit to the bank branch. Unlike ICICI Bank, no executive may visit your place to collect the documents. But you can easily ask them whether this kind of service is available or not.