Latest Post Office Interest Rates 2018 [Jan-March]
Did you checked the current Post Office Small Saving Schemes Interest rates Jan-March 2018? If not then I have created this post where I will be updating the interest rates for all post office small savings schemes every quarter. Just to remind you that, The Govt. will review the interest rates of post office schemes in every quarter and accordingly change them.
In this article, you can get the full details of all the post office schemes with their latest interest rates for current quarter January-March 2018. These new rates applicable with effective from 1st January 2018.
As per the below schedule, Government will announce the interest rate applicable to all Post Office Savings Schemes in every quarter. You can take a look at the dates of each quarter or else you can keep a track of this article for regular updates.
|April – June||15th March|
|July – September||15th June|
|October – December||15th September|
|January – March||15th December|
Latest Post Office Small Saving Schemes Interest rates Jan-March 2018
In last few years, Govt has reduced the interest rates of small savings schemes in post office & banks drastically. Recently is has gone down even further and they are at the lowest level so far.
Here I have shared the details of every scheme with their current interest rates 2018 so that you can get a clear picture about how much return your investment is going to give.
|Scheme||Interest Rates 2017-18||Minimum Deposit||Investment Period|
|Savings Deposit (SD)||4.0%||Rs. 20||NA|
|1 Year Time Deposit (TD)||6.6%||Rs. 200||1 Year|
|2 Year Time Deposit (TD)||6.7%||Rs. 200||2 Years|
|3 Year Time Deposit (TD)||6.9%||Rs. 200||3 Years|
|5 Year Time Deposit (TD)||7.4%||Rs. 200||5 Years|
|5 Year Recurring Deposit (RD)||6.9%||Rs. 10/ Month||1 to 10 Years|
|5 Year National Savings Certificate (RD)||7.6%||Rs. 10/ Month||1 to 10 Years|
|5 Year Senior Citizens Savings Scheme (SCSS)||8.3%||Rs. 1000||5 Years|
|5 year Monthly Income Scheme (MIS)||7.3%||Rs. 1500||5 Years|
|15 Year Public Provident Fund (PPF)||7.6%||Rs. 500||15 Years|
|Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)||7.7%||Rs. 1000||9 Years 5 Months|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme (SSAS)||8.1%||Rs. 1000||21 Years|
This data is collected from the official website of post office India.
Latest Post office Small Saving Schemes Interest rates FY 2017-18 (January to March 2018)
For 4th Quarter of FY 2017-18, Govt has reduced post office schemes interest rates by 0.2% or 20 BPS. Only for Post Office Sr. Citizen Savings Scheme there is no change interest rates. May be Govt doesn’t want to touch the income made by the senior citizen people of India.
Anyway here is the rate of interest comparison for each post office savings scheme with their previous one.
- The new rate of Interest on Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme (SSA ) is 8.1%, which was 8.3% in last quarter Oct-Dec 2017.
- The earlier rate of Interest on PPF (Public Provident Fund) was 7.8% and it was further reduced to 7.6% for this quarter Jan-Mar 2018.
- The interest rate on Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) has been retained same at 8.3%. This is the only scheme which was not get impacted with this interest reduction.
- New interest rate on Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) would be 7.3%, reduced from 7.5% compared to last quarter.
- Interest rate of National Savings Certificate (NSC) gone down from 7.7% to 7.6%.
- New interest rate on post office MIS (Monthly Income Scheme) is 7.3%, which was 7.5% before.
- The rate of interest on a 5 year Post Office RD (Recurring Deposit) would be 6.9%.
I hope you found this information about Indian post office saving schemes interest rates 2018 and if so I would like to request you to share this post in your social media to spread about the information. This will also encourage us to share more useful information about post office small savings schemes.