How To Identify Fake or Real Rs 2000 Rupee Notes
The new Rs 2000 note has created a huge buzz and many people started getting this new 2000 rupee note from banks and ATM machines gradually. In fact today in market I found few people are holding the new Rs 2000 note and not able to the use the same due to less availability of smaller currency notes. But everyone was looking at the note with curiosity.
Anyway, do you know what are the security features of this new Rs 2000 note? Why Govt introduce this new notes by banning Rs 500 notes and Rs 1000 notes. In this article I will share each and every single details about that key features of this new 2000 rupee note, which will help you to identify fake Rs 2000 notes in coming days if any. You can also read about how to identify fake or real Rs 500 notes published earlier.
Security Features of New Rs 2000 Currency Note One Must Know
Just try to understand and remember the points mentioned to identify the real Rs 2000 note in coming days. Here are the key points on the front side of 2000 rupee note.
The researve bank of India is introducing new design bank notes in the denomination of Rs 2000 as part of Mahatma Gandhi (New) series. The new denomination has motif of the Mangalayan on the reverse, depicting the country’s first venture in interplanetary space. The base color of the note is magenta. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall color scheme, both on the obverse and the reverse. The size of the new note is 66mm X 166mm.
- See through register with denominational numeral 2000 can be seen when the note is help against light.
- Latent image with denominational numerical 2000 which can be seen when the banknote is held at 45
degree angle at the eye level
- Denominational numeral 2000 in Devnagari
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi in the center
- Micro letters “RBI’ and ‘2000’
- Color shift windowed security thread with inscriptions “Bharat”, RBI and 2000. Color of the thread
changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
- Guarantee clause, Governor’s Signature with promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (2000) watermarks
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side
- Denominational numeral with rupee Symbol, 2000 in color changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
- Ashoka pillar emblem on the right
For visually impaired:
Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identification mark
- Horizontal rectangle with 2000 in raised print on the right
- Seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print
- Year of printing of the note
- Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
- Language panel towards the centre
- Motif of mangalayan – reflecting country’s first venture in the interplanetary space
This information is published in official website of RBI. I took the points from there only. You can check out the original RBI’s link of Rs 2000 currency note. Do write a comment below and share your experience about this new 2000 rupee note.